The Bible and the religions supported by it (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam), are false, and would not be the word of any moral god.How can I make such an indictment? Because the Bible teaches things which are immoral. The god of the bible encourages his followers to do many many immoral things, but let's just take slavery as an example. The Bible doesn't just condone slavery, it encourages it, in both the old and new testaments.
- 1 Peter 2:18 - Servants, be subject to your masters
- Titus 2:9-10 - Servants, obey in all things your masters
- 1 Timothy 6:1-5 - Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their masters worthy of all honor
- Colossians 3:22 - Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters
- Ephesians 6:5 - Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh
- Leviticus 25:44-46 - Thy bond-men and thy bond-maids which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you: of them shall ye buy bond-men and bond-maids. Moreover, of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land. And they shall be your possession. And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession, they shall be your bond-man forever.
The Bible was used during the U. S. Civil War by southern slave-owners to show that any good Christian should recognize that god condones slavery. And they were right. The god in the Bible does condone slavery. In fact this god's followers are admonished to obey him just as slaves should obey their masters. Luckily, these are just stories people made up thousands of years ago. We can do better. We can be more moral.